- Set an extremely high standard of technical and leadership excellence for the team. Should own the complete battery division and the product.
- Develop and take ownership of building multiple battery pack designs which are thermally stable and sustainable in harsh conditions.
- Provide team leadership in design, simulation, prototyping software of BMS, component selection, PCB design, Power electronics.
- Understand the goals and requirements of the market and then drive thermal improvements, safety design, robust pack, with bug-free electronics to build an extremely high-quality product.
- Own the complete product design, development, and testing methodology. Will be responsible for delivering the product according to the timeline.
- Develop and grow the high-performance engineering team. Help building the team with recruiting, mentorship, goal setting and as well drive projects using hands-on development.
- Understand the manufacturing process of the battery pack in-depth and drive the production-ready product using constant iteration using data analysis.
- Understand the process and have the skill to execute the testing using a software-driven approach and take the team forward with leading from the front.
- B.E./B.Tech/M.S or M.Tech in the same field or relevant field. Also proven experience in the same field.
- At Least 7 years of experience in Battery Engineering and the ability to demonstrate technical depth and leadership qualities.
- Experience with working in innovation-driven teams in the automotive space and should have experience in building the battery pack from the ground up.
- Experience in working with thermal simulation softwares like Ansys, STAR CCM and have experience in building the pack from cell level.
- Experience in battery software engineering, simulation and testing.
- Experience with leading, designing and architecting the battery system from scratch.
- Deep expertise in understanding the BMS circuit, design, software and battery pack thermal management.
- Experience with PCB layouts with Altium or similar software and quickly debug PCB related hardware issues is a plus.
- Working with extracting data from various sensors from the battery pack and understanding the complete product is a must.
- Ability to understand the BMS architecture and control software for FET circuits, Gauging unit, and Monitoring unit.
- Experience with understanding and developing battery SOC estimation and prediction algorithms.
- Significant simulation experience with MATLAB and SPICE or related tools.
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for leading the team for overall team success.
- Should have great communication and writing skills for technical documentation.
- Should be a team player and build a culture of innovation-driven product development.
- Bonus, if the candidate has worked on patents in a similar field previously
Compensation and Work Culture:
- Good Salary
- Really Awesome ESOPs
- Research driven and chaotic innovative environment
- Free Medical Insurance Cover
- Free Coffee
- Monthly Office Parties
You should definitely apply if:
- You find it easy to manage tough timelines
- You are a hands on person who loves building new tech for the automotive sector
- You understand the meaning of ESOPs and how important they are for a startup
- You have worked in startups before and understand how to bring structure to chaos
- You know that eventually only outcomes matter
- You are a phenomenal team player who backs his/her mates when things are tough
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org