We are looking for a passionate innovator who can design, execute and build world-class electric vehicles at kWh Bikes from requirements to shippable products. This would include design, vehicle dynamics, testing and the complete vehicle architecture. The team is small at kWh and we maintain a very healthy work culture of creating and building production-ready innovative products. This individual will collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver the best in-class chassis, powertrain and amazing rider experience. This position entails owing to the design and manufacturing of the complete set of vehicles from pilot prototypes to production vehicles.
- Set an extremely high standard of technical and leadership excellence for the team. Should own the complete responsibility of the product design and its development
- Lead the team of enthusiastic and skilful individuals by managing departments of CAD, FEA, power train, ergonomics, vehicle statics & dynamics and testing engineers. And also stay in the loop to obtain and record updates
- Lead and execute the multiple variants of the vehicle by delivering the modular design of the vehicle
- Understand the goals and requirements of the market to drive mechanical subsystems with required improvements, design for safety and ergo check to build an extremely high-quality product
- Make regular and detailed reviews of the teams's engineering concepts to ensure that all engineering principles and calculations are rigorously applied
- Define robust validation plans that satisfy DFMEA, DFM and design for homologation requirements
- Support the management in making sustainable processes and documentation
- The Team Lead will be responsible for approval of all the drawings, calculations and specifications produced by his team
- Interpret the design requirements into manufacturing processes
- Thorough study and analysis of the vehicle BOM and assembly requirements
- Plan and organise production schedules for component and vehicle level fitments
- Assess the production requirements and develop a plan for inventory management
- Make a constructive production plan for all the process flows with timelines, resource utilization and supervisors
- Strategic process planning, preparation of PFD, PFMEA, control plan and maintain operational standards
- Should be able to forecast production needs and keep the management informed
- Bachelor in Mechanical/ Automobile engineering discipline
- Hands-on experience in working at NXCAD, SolidWorks or similar software
- Leadership qualities and experience leading an engineering team
- Experience with design (using 3D CAD) and FEA for optimizing plastic and metal components for the electric two-wheeler.
- Experience with building products and execute tests needed for homologation
- Experience with collaboration with vendors, supply chain, manufacturing partners and process Engineering.
- 6+years of domain knowledge (either 2W or 4W mechanical engineering design/layout)
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for leading the team for overall team success.
- Should have great communication and writing skills for technical documentation.
- Should be a team player and build a culture of innovation-driven product development.
- Bonus, if the candidate has worked on patents in a similar field previously
- EV automotive experience is a bonus
Compensation and Work Culture:
- Good Salary
- Really Awesome ESOPs
- Research driven and chaotic innovative environment
- Free Medical Insurance Cover
- Free Coffee
- Monthly Office Parties
You should definitely apply if:
- You find it easy to manage tough timelines
- You are a hands on person who loves building new tech for the automotive sector
- You understand the meaning of ESOPs and how important they are for a startup
- You have worked in startups before and understand how to bring structure to chaos
- You know that eventually only outcomes matter
- You are a phenomenal team player who backs his/her mates when things are tough
If you have any questions feel free to contact us at email@example.com